
A funny thing happened to me the other day. I recently met a woman I used to know 10-15 years ago during my Royal Selangor days and she's currently a resident in one of the properties I provide consultancy to.
She 's been invited to join up with their council as a member and by virtue of that she's been trying to impress upon me and my wife the virtues of signing up with her business plan. She's quite indomitable (aren't they all?) and persistent. Michelle has been to the systems and "how to" business seminars this lady sets up periodically and came home unimpressed. I respect the fact that she is consistent and persistent as I well believe that it is the key to success, but her recent maneuverings in questioning me what I would do should the consultancy be short lived and her offers to me to sign up with her to ensure future financial freedom seems over board.
Not unlike my usual self, I made it clear to her, that all consultancies are short term in nature and that I view myself more as a teacher cum service provider than a salaried worker (who's afraid of the lack of a next paycheck). As usual, she did not take it very well.
It pains me to reveal to people that what they consider important and urgent need not necessarily be important or urgent to others. It somehow ends up being a rebuke and a rejection of their offer (or self?), which it definitely is noT!
The same can be applied to people who think they are inferior to you because you are in positions of power, status, and et.al, that they have not reached yet.
It gripes me what a huge burden self loathing and low self confidence amongst others have caused to society ;so much emotional imbalances that basically screws up the lives of the people having these fears and those surrounding them. Truth be told, in my teenage years this angst was the biggest problem to me also, but I would like to think that it is all behind me now.
A
favorite parable that comes to mind is the parable that Lord Krishna told Arjuna in the battle of Kurusestra, where Arjuna is appalled that he'll be doing war against his own mentors and kin.
Krishna, in his infinite wisdom teaches to Arjuna that what he feels is not objective as the things we humans consider as ours, either immaterial or physical is not ours to OWN.
We came alone and we die alone.
Whatever in between that we do in this Life is all HIS (GOD"s); which we are given to enjoy. Good / bad is all a reaction to his creations freedom of will. All material and immaterial objects is HIM and will return to HIM.
In Truth, faith is what saves us more than deeds.
It took me a long time to understand that, and it cannot be said that I do understand all the limitations and implications of that parable, but my life is easier now with some understanding of what are the important things in life.
As in Faith.
Vincent my friend used to kid with me that the secret to my success / happiness is that I've always indomitably believed that 'ASK, and you shall RECEIVE'. He interpreted that as the power of visualization and providing a goal in life.
Maybe. He might have a point, there.
But it is in my belief that GOD provides and we just need to follow his teachings to enjoy his benevolence. Fear tests Faith. Fear drives personalities and (worldly) commerce. Faith believes all will be right when He is with you, no matter how stormy the night.
No comments:
Post a Comment