I have been away from this blog for some time now.
To
simply say we have been busy would have been easy and too ubiquitous. In
reality that sense of being busy has been an excuse to not really do much
writing because there was no need to. Life has a way of throwing curve balls at
you and it watches in glee how you respond to that throw emotionally,
physically and mentally. I do believe that since last Jun many of the items I normally
take pride in recording has gone unrecorded and that I’ve missed the
opportunity to record them forever but such was the situation.
What
kept me busy was as usual having another woman in my life.
This woman unfortunately was a cut above
the usual lot. A pedigreed, classy and elegant creature of God’s creation. I give thanks to the good Lord above for giving me this experience of being in her care and attention.
But
I made a promise to never mention her name nor record down details of our relationship
within these pages and I intend to honor that promise.
She- who- must-not- be-
named brought much joy and happiness to my life in these past few months. The
prospect that I could feel so wanted and cherished, and young again (especially
at this age); made the experience all the more valuable and memorable.
But
after a six month enjoyment period, the honeymoon has come down crashing……..
The
straw that broke the camel’s back was a dinner occasion where we were supposed
to get our spouses to get to know each other and see if we could click together
as families and it dawned on me that they were a very good couple together
whereas she got jealous of the fact that we were a very good couple!
That
realization hit home hard and fast… that we were in fact just fooling ourselves
and that neither party wants to rock the boat we were in now nor be accused of
being the Third party that spoilt the happy family of the other.
For
those of you who still have family with you….your parents, your own family…all
close to you….go spend some time with them this weekend.
Spend time with your
wife/Husband. Think of those days when you first met and fell in love. Think of
the good times and the laughter you shared.
Yes
it might have been a long time ago but you and she are still the same
person…only time have passed…and why should you let time take away love?
Why
should you allow anyone else come into your life and break up what you and your
wife has shared for so many long years?
Work at keeping your marriage together.
Nothing….nothing
is worth the breakup of any marriage…and for this lesson in life I am grateful
to have learnt from my parents as I learned from watching how they respected and loved each
other.
Take it from me….when you hit 46 as I did this year, nothing beats the
physical nearness and love of someone you love.
If
by your 25th married year together, you do not have the love of
someone you too love…..what else is there?
No comments:
Post a Comment