[11:46, 3/31/2016] Gunabalan. VGBS: This entry is a little long but I wish to share with my group friends what was written for my nephew
[11:46, 3/31/2016] Gunabalan. VGBS: When my nephew sent me these pictures above, I was compelled to teach him what i felt he misunderstood. I said to him "There is a reason why someone from long ago took time, effort & money to built this temple monument in stone"
[11:46, 3/31/2016] Gunabalan. VGBS: He replied" [09:48, 3/31/2016] Suresh/1:
Yup.mama..their lust.😀👌🏼
[09:48, 3/31/2016] Suresh/1: Sure a tourist spot..which can boost for the country economy.
[11:46, 3/31/2016] Gunabalan. VGBS: When I read his reply, I knew he must be informed of what he misunderstood. So I replied " Not even close sayang. Sexuality in Hindu belief is not just for lust or procreation but it is a gateway to feel the esctasy of the Athman "
[11:53, 3/31/2016] Gunabalan. VGBS: Dia tak paham what I meant obviously, so I panjangkan sikit my explanation
[11:58, 3/31/2016] Gunabalan. VGBS: Allow me to transcript our conversation:
[10:05, 3/31/2016] Gunabalan. VGBS: I found much pleasure nephew learning from the internet the english translation of the Upanishads and Yajur Veda. I know this is boring for youngsters like yourself but I believe it is important you learn Hinduism is not a religion. It is a mathematical science that is dumbed down for common people to appreciate the concept of a superior being/ design/ atman that controls our universes.
But before you think I talk cock, I will show you by
examining, how valid these perspective are.
Hindu Purusharthas:
Purusharthas means objectives of a human being.
They are the canonical ends or aims of human life. They serve as pointers in the life.
The four Purusharthas from lowest to highest are-
Kama – pleasure or desire
Artha – wealth
Dharma – righteousness or morality
Moksha – liberation from the cycle of reincarnation
According to Kama Sutra, “IN the beginning, the Lord of Beings created men and women, and in the form of commandments in one hundred thousand chapters laid down rules for regulating their existence with regard to Dharma, Artha, and Kama.”
Further it says- “MAN, the period of whose life is one hundred years, should practise Dharma, Artha and Kama at different times and in such a manner that they may harmonize together and not clash in any way.
He should acquire learning in his childhood, in his youth and middle age he should attend to Artha and Kama, and in his old age he should perform Dharma, and thus seek to gain Moksha, i.e. release from further transmigration..”
So, according to Hindu scheme of thing, even though Enlightment is the ultimate goal of life, it encourages people to enjoy everything and fulfill all material desires. Moksha is a long process. It can be achieved only when all material desires are quenched.
And hence, Hinduism prescribes 2 methods, the path of renounciates, (sadhus) the path of householder.(common people)
There is one more less popular but more maligned path of within “Tantras” which accept everything material, everything condemned as taboo and hence aims to rise above the animalistic desires.
Sex as Yajna:
Yajna or sacrifice is derived from root word “Yaj”.
It means Worship or offering an oblation. Max Muller defines Yajna is an act by which we surrender something for the sake of gods”
Sex as worship.
It is an act by which the couples surrender their ego, in order to gain pleasure, progeny, eventually even enlightment.
It has been written as such:
“Her lap is a sacrificial altar; her hairs, the sacrificial grass; her skin, the soma-press.
The two labia of the vulva are the fire in the middle. Verily, indeed, as great as is the world of him who sacrifices with the Vâjapeya (“Strength-libation”) sacrifice, so great is the world of him who practises sexual intercourse” (Brhad-Âranyaka Upanisad)
These verses clearly shows that, sex was treated as a form of worship, an act to not only fulfill one”s desires and gain pleasures, but also as an act of sacredness.
Sex as Meditation:
In the " Vigyana Bhairava Tantra", during a conversation between Shiva and Shakti,
Devi Asks:
O Shiva, what is your reality?
What is this wonder-filled universe?
What constitutes seed?
Who centers the universal wheel?
What is this life beyond form pervading forms?
How may we enter it fully, above space and time, names and descriptions?
Let my doubts be cleared!
So, Shiva explains her 112 methods of meditation to attain enlightment:
Part of it is as below
(He says-
At the start of sexual union
*Keep attentive on the fire in the beginning,
*And so continuing, *Avoid the embers in the end.
*When in such embrace your senses are shaken as leaves,
*Enter this shaking.
*Even remembering union,
*Without the embrace.
These verses clearly indicate how sexual act can be utilized for achieving enlightenment.
As in a sexual act, also puts us in a state of absolute happiness.
Enlightenment is therefore a state, when all egos truly vanish. Making you Happy.
From:
Gunabalan
Balmic Mgmt & Services
No comments:
Post a Comment