Last Monday morning, a sad news hit us when we were told my elder brother Bathmanathan (we called him Chimby) was involved in a Hit and Run accident in Bukit Baru in the middle of the night; he was 61 yrs old- found by roadside witnesses thrown from his motorbike and apparently hit his head on the the tarmac with his helmet flung away due to the impact from the other party.
He was in a coma in the GH ICU for 5 days before passing away at 2.30 pm on Friday 17/02/2012. Doctors said he was brain dead and never regained consciousness since the accident.
All the family members have been informed and are in shock as they prepared to attend his funeral. He will be sorely missed as even my sister said that now my mother's runner and right-hand man is no more around to run her errands how will my mum cope ?
Life was hard for him and at least now he has salvation but we do miss him so.
But life moves on nonetheless.
Weekends are Fun and Fiesta filled days for many here in Melaka and my family and I are grateful for the break when the schedules and rat race demands can be kept aside albeit a few hours for family and relations to be strengthen.
My eldest son utheya has been making it a routine to drive over on Sunday afternoons for us to play with the granddaughter and on this particular occasion he wanted to invite my wife and I to go shopping @ Jusco.
As the wife had been letting me know these past few months our daily routines were getting stale and boring for her so an impromptu decision was made to drive up to the Mines Shopping Center in Seri Kembangan, KL for some shopping and makan with the kids and us.
We had been here a few times but not lately which was why I got lost at the last moment driving to the shopping mall and ended up in Cheras ! But no trouble, as a half hour and several inquiries with the locals saw us safely parking in the basement of the Mall.
Truth be told,it was the leisurely 70 minutes drive ; doing a serene 150 kmph at times on the North /South Highway on my red Mercedes that I really enjoyed.
Plus the idea that we can do this conspicuous consumption.
 |
| The shitake mushroom,abalone and water chestnut appetizer |
 |
| Sea Cucumber and Octopus Tentacles in a batter of steamed broccoli and sweet water chestnut |
I believed long ago that the best revenge on the sad & hard aspects of life is to Enjoy Life and all it's trappings and what better than to enjoy it with the family and children that you love and cherish ?
A RM 185.00 meal for four later @ the Moon Palace in Mines, we window shopped and bought a few things as Utheya let on that he is thinking of purchasing a Rolex watch and asked me what I thought of it as he thinks it would be a good investment cum wearable watch piece.
I advised him to go for the entry level watch which are around RM 12800.00 as anything more might not be very safe if he intends to wear it daily to work.
 |
The house speciality was the large prawns which we had in Garlic butter sauce,
Roasted Pork & Crispy Duck with a side dish of Braised Tofu |
 |
| The Mines Shopping Mall center piece attraction |
Nicole enjoying herself playing in the pram as we enjoyed our meal together. Good Girl !
Yesterday, my love struck wife, Michelle informed me that she is back in touch with her boyfriend Andrew Smith Johnson and that he has been spending time calling her up at work lately, to apologize for his disapearence the past few weeks.
I've asked her how she fancies the guy now that he has suddenly come back into her life and she replied that although it hurt her a lot when he dissapeared without telling her what happened to him, she does not feel angry at him anymore as she did miss and care for him very much when he was gone and that her love for him has not diminished.
Looks to me like she really is in love with that man.
She also took the trouble to repeat to me that she wants to continue live with me if I would allow her to, and take care of her duties and responsibilities to the family and me but it is very clear to her that she loves Andrew very much and as such would like to continue her relationship with him as they only phone/ internet chat nowdays .
Furthermore, he is back in London for now and will only visit now and then to see her during his business trips to Malaysia.
She is very apologetic to me that she puts me in this position, but as her heart longs for his company and voice she asks that I can accept this situation and she will do her best to share her love although she keeps saying that when she is with me, she does not think of him (and vice versa, i suppose).
She denies not loving me, or loving me any less; just that she loves him too.
So I suppose the ball is in my court now. Do I divorce her or do I live with the knowledge that my wife loves another man and is willing to risk losing all that we have worked for the last 23 years for his ....... attention ?
This matters of the heart sucks !
And I realise always changing; Today it's another man; tomorrow what ? The year after ?
With or without her I'm sure I will be able to have a fulfilling enjoyable life, as it is within me to forget and to move on.
I just have to want to do it.
But what if my decision to leave her later on sees her regretting ?
Does she not see indulging in desires caused her dad to leave and her mom to be alone?
Or is she cursed to repeat that ?
Am I the only one worried about the children and the future?
Too many variables to answer.
Either live with/without her
The return journey was as enjoyable as the drive up and for the safety and security my family enjoys;
I truly give grace and gratitude to God for these simple pleasures in my life .
No comments:
Post a Comment