The day started out quite well as this is the fourth day of my fast and the smooth sailing so far is good for me as it enables me to start and end the fasting without much ado. I was half afraid that i might not be able to last this long, but luckily when my friend Avatar taught me how to do the fasting properly, he also told me to observe and offer each day of fasting in God's name and this has helped tremendously. I normally awake by 5.00am to do the morning routines and these days the early hours are used to take my blood pressure medicine and liver supplements before going back to bed. This would be the last drink or food I take till late evening.
Checking on my Email messages later in the day, I had to disappoint John (Selat) today by cancelling our proposed Thailand trip coming October because her leave was not approved. We were supposed to have a group travel to Krabi, Thailand. Tiger Airways were selling tickets at RM 0.15cents per person and the resort we would stay in was also having a room promotions. Bad stroke of luck, but then, that's how the card falls.
The wife and I lazed around most of the day as she needed the break from her normal harried routine and we only made plans to have our dinner and saturday night out late in the evening. My mother in law wanted to try her luck at the slot machines and we drove over to her place to pick her up before dropping by the Club.
Being comfortable with your own life often means getting upset easily when things don't go the way you think it should or people give you less attention then you think you deserve. My ego isn't exactly a supermassive black hole, that's able to swallow all perceived slights but I suppose it helps to have a perspective on things and as far as my day is concerned, I do need to keep it in check today. I get angry very easily at perceived slights and i need to remedy that.
It may just be that I can't really tell how far not to push things -- social niceties are a bit more delicate. Money doesn't buy respect, and when it does, it's often misleading.
A nice round or three at the pool table with my wife and a couple long cold beers later, we thought of catching the Band that performs there nightly but because they only start at 9.00pm we drove home earlier to catch a show at MBO with the kids. After the show, we all were quite tired and happy to get home.The night air was heavy with expectation of rain but that didn't stop the young dare devils and their cars from streaking up and down the Ayer Keroh Highway,-another free spectacle that's becoming quite a norm over here on the weekends!


No comments:
Post a Comment