Day has broken over Bukit Bruang.My morning routine of taking a slow leisurely walk amongst the canopied trees of my Taman beckons again like the call of a mistress enticing me to stroll down memory lane with her.
Is it just me or is the heat of the mid morning sun beating down on us is stronger these days..., compared to my memories of it in earlier times.......
Although I for one enjoy the sun's daily life giving warmth & the visual splendor of the rising and waning sun, the over bearing afternoon heat gets to me nowdays.Here where I live, the heat wave is palpable by as early as 10.30am on cloudless days and lasts well into 4.40pm. The morning rays seems to be starting later (around 6.55am) and ending later too.
Looking back, a particular memory relating to the stunning visual beauty and welcoming warmth of the morning sun comes flooding back to me as I remember well a previous flight to Narita Airport & how my window seats allowed me the pleasure of experiencing the grandeur of the morning sun rising out to warm the skies at 45 000 feet ...it was 3.00am! A Wonderfully Glorious Sight. Those are memories that I will cherish for many years to come.Back home in Melaka my early morning walks used to see me enjoying the rising sun and all the colors that accompany it; ending my slow sojourns through the mists of the morning dew by 6.25 in earlier days but now I can go on longer before the morning sun's rays warms the sky.
I wonder if it's only me who feels this way as although I enjoy these visual delights enough to take time to appreciate them, sometimes we long for the way things used to be.
Reminiscing further back, I remember vividly enjoying playing out in the sun in my childhood days for hours on end in the kampungs and even beaches of Klebang without worrying about the sun's heat but these days within only a few minutes the afternoon heat starts to swelter me up, should it catch me outside.
Even when I started my own construction outfit at the age of 15 with Vincent Low, Vijaya Jeevan and other classmates roped into work after school; to cash in on the Telekom headquarters they were building in my area at that time, we were toiling in the afternoon heat without much ado most times.Hours at a stretch we used to work and play under the open skies without worry or discomfort. Many a bond and tale of brotherhood, manhood & chivalry that lasted a lifetime we shared under those open skies.
Anyways, moving on, recently an offer to join up with some friends over Dim Sum Breakfast was posed to me.
They wanted to know the Food places I find interesting little knowing that unless accompanied by Michelle, I almost never visit Dim Sum Breakfasts' !
It's nothing personal but apart from the language thing, I,ve got used to the idea of Michelle ordering for me as she knows what my taste is.
Not to worry though, as there are several areas here that I've occasioned to eat before and we gravitated towards these to check them out. Recent excursions were to the Hotel Dim Sum spreads on Sundays as that is when the kids are free to join us.
Most times,I find my chances of Dim Sum choices rather dull simply because although you can sample a large variety of items at these places, you invariably get very little service in terms of English speaking staff and most queries of what is inside the item you want to eat is unanswered which means most times we end up eating only those food that we recognize!Luckily for me, my company did not mind my lack of the language and filled in for me when it came to asking what the food is inside the little dim sums!
It is more fun when you have someone who enjoys your company join you for these lazy, slow breakfasts.

-16.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment