The piercing rays of the morning sun found my wife and I , this fine Saturday comfortably wrapped up in each other late into the day as we took the opportunity to laze around before starting the days routines.
The fridge is empty and it is time to fill her up with the week's groceries and we were thinking of dropping in to Mydin's for some of the daily staples. That will have to wait for later though, as we found getting up and moving about kind of difficult after a couple rounds of morning loving.
But, as they say ''carpe diem'' (seize the day) and after 11.30am, we managed to get out off the house and headed towards the supermarket.
My daughter in law Joey today started her kopitiam business located in Sin Hoe Gardens in Bukit Baru,Melaka. My son and his wife took over the operations of the existing business from the previous owner last week under a direct purchase lock,stock and barrel @ RM 10,500.00 agreement. Their monthly rental is also comparatively low at RM 1750.00 per month but it is a good clean take over at a very established location, which is very commendable.
Utheya is still busy running around daily as a Samsung phone distributing staff, so Joey will be running the day to day at the restaurant. Their two kids will temporarily be taken cared off by her mum, but my son is looking into hiring some maids for the girls soon.
Last Thursday was the Toastmasters meet in Sterling Hotel in Jalan Temenggung and this meeting of like minded individuals was well attended by members and friends with the a couple of guests from Germany and Peru. On this occasion, Michelle did her 'Roast' of Sandra; which was part of the curriculum towards her next stage in the leadership role of public speaking.
I kept a video recording of the entire performance for her viewing pleasure. She did quite well, I must say.
You get to meet many new friends through such social gatherings and many a times these passing contacts all come with full expectations of shared fun and entertainment for the evening for one and for all. Down the road one has traveled in
this life, as you age you get to experience many situations both happy /sad and
one of the life situations that can be thrown in your direction is the
particular traits and characters of the people around you and how they conceive
their life to be, as compared to you, as time goes by.
Many a person that we have met in our lives so far, exemplifies the ''verve for Living'' passion, in their search for satisfaction and fulfillment in this life. Personally, I feel that sometimes you have to ask ourselves, are you a person who stops to smell the flowers on the way to your destination or are you the type that will only stop to relax and smell the flowers once you reach your destination?

The difference between one and the other is the ability to be care and worry free even in stressful environments whereas the other may guarantee a life that is always in search of further happiness.
The other way to frame that big question is : do you know what you want in life?
If you do and you feel you have achieved that which you want previously....then are you grateful enough for that situation and life ?
I was likewise told earlier by a friend that if you were to posit such a dilemma (or existential question, if i may add) to an ordinary middle class Malaysian, I could be classified as ''biadap'' (rude).
I confessed, I could not understand why,though.
Are we so entrenched in our secular ways that matters of the mind and thought can no longer be acceptable in social gatherings?
Has the passing of knowledge from one human to another with the grains of truth gained through pain and personal experience been filtered and viewed through rose tinted eyes so much in our society that only trifle matters and money matters be the only aim of our collective sense?
The answer to that question must be blowing in the wind, me thinks, for it is either I am in the wrong circles or I am so out of touch with the ordinary Malaysians that I am in the periphery of being an alien in my own society.

Such a dilemma indeed !
I can only hope it neither one nor the other but just another opinion of a still developing mature mind that posited such an analogue in that dialog.
 |
| Joining us was Anna from Peru & Joshua |
No comments:
Post a Comment