 |
| On the Treadmill |
The weekend that was just over, as usual was happily spent with
activities surrounded by friends, family and flavor.
Though
the roof repairs are still ongoing, it does not cause much botheration to the
family as the contractors go about their work without disturbing the household
much.
The
clouds and rain that usually beset us around this time of the year seemed to
have realized the ongoing repair job on my roof and has been visibly absent
these past three /four days much to my delight.
In this
small and rustic surroundings I call home and heath, our hideaway home accords
me a piece of salvation away from the stress and temptations of the modern
life.
Set
amongst the idyllic Bukit Beruang Township and woodland, away from the human
traffic, noise and maddening crowds; my house and home offers our family the
best of both the country and city.
In the same way, this way of life we practice brings
many experiences and joy.
Once combined with the seemingly compulsory and
obligatory heart break and doubts that every living, breathing being finds
confronting itself once in a while, we find ourselves giving Thanks to the
Good
Lord above for the benefit of life itself.
The
willowy and wispy winds of change that had been blowing through my life and my
wife's life, these recent months brought some unpleasant memories that are hard to forget,but I
believe life must go on without the burden of doubt and anxiety.
As Michelle often
states, we would not know what lies in front of us all the time but at least we
should know why and when we reached there that we did so by enjoying the
present.
 |
| Nicole and I in a staring contest to see who blinks first ! |
I must
confess though, that it seems obvious to me that my personal social life is now
centered on Michelle (as she obviously takes the pain to make sure hers is centered
on me).
It appears these days that hardly a week goes by that I can say, has my boy’s
day out as almost all the events and happenings we participate in, are a part of her
social calendar.
That was
not a complaint though, as I do realize that the reason for said turn of events
is due to my own desire to keep a low profile these days.
 |
| Cuba lihat, cucu gua cun tak? |
Why it is worth
mentioning is because a conversation I had with her friend David recently made
me realize that I’m out of practice where social gossiping and plain old talking
cock is concerned. It would appear that once you do not practice the art of
conversation, it runs away from you.
Really, it
does. The mind evidently knows what it wants to do and say but in reality the practice
of talking and sharing a conversation makes what your mind wants to say seem
discombobulated and piece meal like if you do not practice the art of
conversing.

This
clearly exemplifies what my father told me so many moons ago:
''Be
careful what you wish for.You just might get it ''. In my case, being rest and
relaxed for so many years has seemed to have taken away one of the traits that
I was once well known for, and that is the art of public speaking with aplomb
and confidence.
Be that as it may though, I 've come to realize that nothing remains the same and as they always say, ''change is the only constant in one's life''.
 |
| Celebrating Utheya's 23rd Birthday |
No comments:
Post a Comment